ALS Resource Connections
We understand that dealing with ALS is physically, emotionally and financially devastating for the person diagnosed and their family. ALS Resource Connections groups provide a caring, supportive, open environment for people to gather, connect, and talk with one another. These groups are open to persons living with ALS, their families, caregivers and friends, and are located around the state to provide opportunities to learn more about living with the disease from others who understand the challenges, and to help establish a network of valuable resources and sustained support. A Chapter Regional Program Manager facilitates each meeting and will have speakers on relevant topics combined with time for attendees to discuss and share information and provide feedback to one another.
If you are attending a group for the first time, please RSVP to the facilitator. *PLEASE NOTE: Times and locations occasionally change so please check our website prior to each meeting.
We realize that COVID-19 is creating a "new normal" for the time being - but ALS doesn't stop and neither do we. The ALS Association Florida Chapter has postponed in-person attendance of support groups until further notice. HOWEVER, we still want to support and see you and are now offering virtual support groups. Please see below for instructions and a schedule based on your region.
Virtual Chapter Meeting Instructions:
- You do not need your own username of password to sign in to the meeting, simply use the link provided to you in the email from your Regional Program Manager. You will receive an email reminder several days before your region's scheduled support group meeting with the link to participate. If you have not received a link, please email or call your Regional Program Manager in advance to receive the appropriate link.
- If using a phone/mobile device, you may be prompted to download the application through your app store. Please consider downloading the app a day or 2 before the meeting.
- When joining the meeting on a mobile device or computer, you may be asked to follow these prompts - "join using computer camera" and "join using computer sound". It is helpful to test the computer sound prior to the meeting. You may need to identify yourself when you join the meeting.
- For better connectivity, consider limiting the number of other applications running in the background, limit the number of devices connected to wi-fi, or if possible connect directly to your modem.
- Staff will be available prior to the start of the meeting to assist with technical difficulties. Please email the Regional Program Manager in your region to assist.
For further information on using RingCentral, please click images below regarding downloading app, and signing in and joining a meeting.
Downloading RingCentral App
Signing in and Joining A RingCentral Meeting
Jacksonville - 2nd Fri., 11:00am - 12:00pm | Melissa Fehrenkamp
Volusia/Flagler - 2nd Wed., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Marixa Salgado
Orlando - 1st Wed., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Marixa Salgado
Brevard -3rd Wed., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Marixa Salgado
The Villages - 4th Wed., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Marixa Salgado
Tampa - 4th Sat., 2:00 - 3:00pm | Heran Sisay
Pinellas - 4th Mon., 1:30 - 2:30pm | Heran Sisay
Sarasota/Bradenton - 2nd Wed., 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm | Patti Stanco
North Port - 4th Weds., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Patti Stanco
Fort Myers - 3rd Wed., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Patti Stanco
Naples - 1st Weds., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Patti Stanco
Martin - 1st Mon., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Tina Duane
Palm Beach - 3rd Tues., 1:00 - 2:00pm | Tina Duane
Broward - 2nd Mon., 1:00 - 2:00 pm | Tina Duane
Telephone Groups (PLEASE NOTE: Our telephone ALS Resource Connections meetings have limited capacity. Please reach out to the Regional Program Manager running the group for information prior to each meeting.)
Statewide - 3rd Tues., 2:00pm ET, 1:00pm CT | “Caregiver Connections” Phone Group | Judie Benwick | firstname.lastname@example.org | 813.637.9000 x112
Statewide - 2nd Wednesday, 2:00pm ET, 1:00pm CT | “For Veterans and their Family Caregivers” Phone Group | Judie Benwick | email@example.com | 813.637.9000 x112
Panhandle - 2nd Tues., 12:00pm ET, 11:00am CT | Phone Group | Judie Benwick | firstname.lastname@example.org | 813.637.9000 x112
Miami-Dade - 1st Thurs., 1:00 - 3:00pm | Camila Arizaga | email@example.com | 813.637.9000 x116
Spanish (Statewide) - 3rd Thurs., 1:00pm ET | Spanish Speaking Phone Group | Camila Arizaga | firstname.lastname@example.org | 813.637.9000 x116